The past several months have created multiple challenges for everyone throughout the country. No matter where you are, doing business has the obstacle of the COVID-19 lockdowns standing in its way. There hasn’t been an industry left untouched by this, especially in Phoenix.
For us, the challenge has been determining how we can provide the same great video services to our customers while continuing to respect established safety guidelines from state and local leaders. We know we can still help our clients inspire confidence in their own customers with videos.
If you’re in the Phoenix, Arizona area and are looking for assistance with your video production, we want to let you know that we are still able to work with you. We are continuing to film in Phoenix while also following recommended safety guidelines from the motion picture and television industry.
If you’re outside of the Phoenix Metro Area, no problem, we’re accustomed to traveling safely and efficiently. When travel is needed, we follow all CDC safety recommendations including wearing masks and socially distancing.
At DigiVid360, safety is our most important goal. That means more than just keeping you safe — we also want to ensure all staff and crew members remain safe as well.
So how can we help? In one of two ways:
- By engaging in live filming practices that take established, vetted safety guidelines into account.
- Thinking of creative, “outside the box” strategies for those who prefer not to engage in live filming at this most sensitive of moments.
Let’s take a closer look at both avenues and determine how we can best fit the needs of the great people and businesses located in the Phoenix area.
Live filming in Phoenix and beyond
We can still offer you live filming services. While we still offer the same enhanced level of customer service. Additionally, we also understand the need to take proper precautions at this time. That’s why we’ve found a set of standards to adhere to that will maximize safety while minimizing risk.
The Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers established a group known as the Industry-Wide Labor Management Safety Committee Task Force. It’s this body’s duty to examine filming practices, analyze them, and make recommendations that optimize safety measures. On June 1, 2020, the Task Force released a white paper entitled “Proposed Health and Safety Guidelines for Motion Picture, Television, and Streaming Productions During the COVID-19 Pandemic.”
We’re using this document as our guide to help dictate our safety standards while we shoot.
The document is comprehensive, and we encourage you to read through it in detail to see what steps we’ll be taking. It lays out protocols for physical distancing, disinfecting filming sites, protecting the health and safety of cast and crew members, additional training and education, and addressing unique production-specific concerns. Concrete steps for infection control are also laid out. These steps contain specific instructions on diagnostic testing, personal protective equipment (PPE), proper hygiene, and disinfection and maintenance. Additional guidance on how to disinfect props, costumes, vehicles, equipment, and paper are also outlined.
Multiple companies, unions, and guilds participated in the creation of the document, including the Directors’ Guild, SAG-AFTRA, Disney Television Studios, Amazon Studios, NBCUniversal, Netflix and many more. The document’s medical consultant was UCLA Health’s Chief Infection Prevention Officer, Dr. Daniel Z. Uzlan.
We plan to strictly adhere to the guidelines set out by the document. This enables us to do what we do best in a responsible, healthy manner. It helps us safeguard our staff, cast, crew, and ultimately, our customers as well. We take our duty to follow public health protocols seriously, and following these steps will help us do that.
Even with those procedures in place to increase everyone’s safety, you may still not feel comfortable participating in live filming. We completely understand — we’re living in an unprecedented time that involves unprecedented measures. But it’s important for you to know that we can even support our customers who may not want to engage in live filming.
We just had to get a little creative — which is our specialty.
Alternatives to live filming
One of our company’s best features is our flexibility and our ability to apply extreme creativity to solve complex problems. We can all agree that the last few months have given us no shortage of complex problems. But in a time of uncertainty, we like to think we can still provide solutions that serve our customers’ needs — no matter the challenge.
There are a number of alternatives to live filming we can offer our customers in the Phoenix area with other forms of communication. Those include:
- Animated motion graphic videos. Perhaps you have a piece of content you’ve developed at your company (i.e. a printed guide or set of best practices) you’d like to repurpose in a different format. Why not create an animated motion graphic video? It’s a fun, educational way to share your content. It’s a fantastic way to spruce up printed text that while informative, isn’t always captivating. Injecting animation into the words you’ve written can help it come to life and engage your audience in a whole new way.
- Repurposing video conference calls. Your company’s conference calls can often include hidden gems of great information, helpful both to you and your customers. Sometimes, a video conference call can also function as a piece of externally-facing content. Why limit the valuable content you’re sharing to your company? You can simply hit a record button and share your message with your customers and audience as well?
- Doing remote live video interviews. Live video interviews are easy to facilitate and record. All you need is two individuals with information to share and working internet connections. You can leave the rest to us. Remote live video interviews are a great way to connect with experts in or outside your company.
The bottom line is we have a number of flexible options for our customers in Phoenix. We have protocols in place to help us film in a safe environment. If you prefer not to film live, we have plenty of other inventive solutions to help you promote your business with video. Whatever you prefer, we’re here to help you produce great video content that’s sure to inform, enlighten, and engage your customers in a way that will lead to sales.
Interested in hearing more? Let us know how DigiVid360 can help. For more on our video production solutions, contact us today!